Dry well questions

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeesnob

Reaction score
My son bought a house about 40 years old. It has a drywell in the back yard he has no idea what kind of condition it is in. He has a basement with a floor drain and yesterday he said he looked in the drain and there is running water in the drain pipe it looks clean and has the velocity as if you turned your kitchen faucet on about 3/4 turn. This happened after snow melting and then rain and he has never seen water in there before. The drain overflowed 1 time about 2 foot diameter around the drain and then went back down. Would they tie in the drywell with this drain? Or is this a separate issue. Where would the most likely place where this would drain to. He is on city sewer. I know it could be a number of things but ideas are appreciated. Thanks

It might be better to ask this in the plumbing section. All I know about dry wells is that you need to drill one that isn't dry if you want water. :)

Latest posts

Back