Dry vent for toilet and sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cardinale

Reaction score
3F2990F0-42CE-42A3-A843-467E620472F9.jpeg
Hi all it’s been awhile, my question is can I put 2 90deg. elbows replacing the 45deg. fittings at the bottom of the long dry vent pipe where it comes thru the wall To level off the pipe? The short cutoff piece goes to sink and the 2” thru floor (wet vent when sink is draining) Goes to toilet. According what I can find on the web it says not more than a 90 deg fitting on a dry vent. The 90 deg. Fittings would still be above sink. Also would every thing drain ok? Everything would be concealed under vanity. Thanks Gus

I believe most codes limit 90 degree fittings to 36" above the floor, or 6" above the flood level rim of the fixture (ie the top of the sink), so no, you wouldn't be able to offset 90 right off that tee. That's why they did it with 45s in the first place.

I believe most codes limit 90 degree fittings to 36" above the floor, or 6" above the flood level rim of the fixture (ie the top of the sink), so no, you wouldn't be able to offset 90 right off that tee. That's why they did it with 45s in the first place.
Thanks Helper Dave for your input. There would be a 6”or 7”vertical
nipple coming out of that tee then two 90,s to go thru the dry wall to the stack. Does the code limit one 90 because of the possibility of water getting into the dry part of the vent Or because of better air flow to drain properly? Again thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Back