Drop wall ell for Handheld shower... Has holes in elbow.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frances Ben

Reaction score
Drop wall ell for Handheld shower... Has holes in elbow.
For what possible purpose? Sprays cold water as I wait for hot water... Wastes water during shower... Is it OK to change out for a regular non-hole drop Ell?

Attachments

• 1209181320-1.jpg
    1209181320-1.jpg
    667.9 KB · Views: 10
I could be a vaccum breaker the pic is blurry so I cant see well but we have a lot of handicap showers at work its designed so if the shower head was submersed in water and there was a reverse flow situation the water wont siphon thru the head/hose into you water supply.....or the cities/town supply yes you should have a vaccum breaker if that's what that is...

Thanks... That makes sense... Shower was built for a handicapped person. But there is no tub... Water can't bake flow... So why would I need vacuum breaker?
Can I get rid of it and just use a regular elbow?

Thanks... That makes sense... Shower was built for a handicapped person. But there is no tub... Water can't bake flow... So why would I need vacuum breaker?
Can I get rid of it and just use a regular elbow?
if the drain clogged there would be standing water and the head could become submersed

Back