Drip after flushing toilet, stops, no visible leaks. Any ideas?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobD

Reaction score
Hello, I changed the fill valve out on my toilet (replaced the old arm system with a float.) Everything works OK, no visible leaks, however, after the toilet flushes, fills, and the water stops running, there is quiet for about 5 seconds, then I'm hearing a few drips (not a trickle), like drip drip drip, which lasts only a few seconds then stops? I don't see any signs of a leak? I'm wondering if maybe there is a small leak I can't see, but why would it stop on it's own? Is it time to call a plumber? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

No problem, the bowl refill hose is just dripping its last few drops down the overflow tube, which is where it should be clipped onto.

I agree with the guys here. Don't waste your money calling a plumber. As long as that drip stops then
you are OK.

But a pic of the overflow tube would verify you are not adding more water in the tank than needed.
Thanks for the help! I did check the fill tube (I have it properly clipped and it doesn't seem to be dripping). It does sound like the drip is from somewhere outside (or beneath) the tank, but I'm sure there's no leak (that I can see at least). And it absolutely stops within 15 seconds after I flush, so that's involved somehow. The strange part is there's a few seconds of nothing, then it drips for about 5 seconds, and stops? Anyway, I'll take everyone's advice and just leave it alone. Thank you again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210402-133428_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210402-133428_Gallery.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back