Drain pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerednai

Reaction score
Hi,
I am remodeling a kitchen. The wall behind my kitchen sink was open. I assume this was because of a previous water leak but it may have just been that way due to the drain pipe. The drain pipe is metal (I think) and juts out too far for me to put dry wall in front of it. I would like to replace this with PVC pipe. The current pipe goes down into the basement and is connected to PVC pipe via a threaded connection.
Firstly how can I remove this metal drain pipe? Do I need to use an angle grinder to cut it or should I be able to unscrew it?
Secondly, where the metal pipe goes into the plastic pipe can I simply unscrew that? If so is there a PVC equivalent that will just screw in there? I would like to avoid having to replace that Y shaped rodding piece if possible, but if thats my only option that should be OK.

view

view

not sure what in the basement but if everything is open replace with pvc right to the main you will only have this one chance when everything is gutted and there is no vent it probably drained fine but you could install an aav if you wanted in to breathe better the 2nd pick I would do the same while everything is open change it a Sawzall workd just fine

Latest posts

Back