drain over flowing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colshouse

Reaction score
hello hope someone can help i bought this house nearly 2 years ago and was advised it was a good up to date septic tank with the drainage system,
between the house and the tank there is 2 holes wi covers the septic tank itself if my memory is correct was low level last year now its about 12 inches from the top the hole in the middle when cover is lifted is a round tank thing nearly full just liquid then the one closest to the house is full and over flowing just when any tap is on or toilet flushed i started to empty it with a bucket gads stinking and alot of solid stuff. i got a loan of these rods that all screw together and stuffed it through about the 20 off them went no problem.
my neighbour shares this tank and if they run there water its not over flowing

plz plz help

no its in our deeds too maybe its different in uk as i see your in florida (lucky you)

I have never seen a 2 house septic system either.

But if your neighbor drains do not cause a backup in the tank, then it sounds as though your neighbor has a seperate tank (maybe a common drainfield?)

Maybe the outlet filter on the tank is clogged?

Where i am also it is prohibited to have 2 homes on one septic tank.

i searched in uk you can have 2 houses sharing trust it to be in my garden lol is there anything you can put in tank to disolve any blocks

ok thanks for the help im going to get it emptied to see if it helps

Thanks for your tips!
To tell the truth I had the same problem , and your interest to it was quite useful for me.

Back