Drain Issue - How to filter, stop rocks from entering...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasongagnon

Reaction score
Hello,

Outside, at the bottom of my stairs there is a drain and grate, I am wondering if there is any thing that can be placed either inside or on top that would stop sediments (small rocks) from blocking the drain. I find that after 3-5 years I have to use a snake to drain the line and I am wondering if there is anything that can be purchased like a floor strainer plug or something that would filter a little better.

I just dont know where to look or where to find these parts, I have been told to cut mesh wire and glue it on top, just find that as a weird way to fix the issue...

Have any of you seen something similar...

The company which makes this grate and the specs of the grate are located at: https://www.homehardware.ca/fr/siphon-cloche-complet-de-6po-x-6po-en-aluminium/p/3210509?page=category%20page#ccode=12906
Siphon cloche complet de 6 pox6 po en aluminium Wright Aluminum | Home Hardware
Siphon cloche complet de 6 pox6 po en aluminium Wright Aluminum disponible dans un magasin près de chez vous
www.homehardware.ca

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Picture attached:

1616592365781.png

1616592365881.png

How about something like this

Attachments

• 7A8E85E5-4E27-4D64-8716-CE9C9D4654D2.png
    7A8E85E5-4E27-4D64-8716-CE9C9D4654D2.png
    393 KB · Views: 4
Whatever you put on there, if the new drain cover is tighter, it will be more likely to plug up from leaves collecting down there.
Then when it rains, the stairwell can flood into the house.

So lift and clean the strainer often.

And stick a skinny wet vac down the hole to suck up trash, as far in as you can get it.

The strainer is meant to keep the debris out of the pipe. You need to clean it off ever so often. nature of the beast.

Yes, that stairwell is basically just a sink, with water and junk constantly collecting in there.

Back