Drain cleaner + Any electric Drill

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZKR

Reaction score
Greetings.

I need a tool to open generally simple strains (in my house). Kitchen and bath plumbing.

I have a good `Metabo` electric drill and want to use it`s power.

I`ve seen several tools which connect to electric drills:

Amazon.com: Rothenberger 72095 ROSPI 8 Drain Cleaner: Home Improvement

Amazon.com: Gen. Wire Spring DS15 Drill Snake: Home Improvement

Would those tools make a good job or should I buy something more serious. Currently I use a standard hand auger and failed to open the kitchen strain 2 times. I would prefer to invest in a good tool than to save my money and have it not to do the job or break apart.

I would like to know if I can buy any tool which would connect to my drill and do a good job and be reliable.

Any suggestions please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually, it has more to do with the user than the tool. But a good, reasonably cheap, pistol grip BrassCraft drain auger can be purchased at home depot for about 150.00. I bought mine aprox 8 years ago and it is still up and running and I drain clean for a living.
Just be careful cause with any powered drain machine big or small there is potential for pain.

Do you connect it to the electric drill.
150$ sounds like much, that roten` is the priciest I`ve found.
What brand is yours.
I live in Jerusalem and would have to buy it online anyway.

It is its own drill and cable drum. The ones that attach to the drill are a waste of money in my opinion.It is BrassCraft brand. I agree $150.00 sounds like alot but if your gonna use it a few times a year around the house then it will probably be the last one you will ever have to buy. And when you compare it to other drill type augers 150.00 is cheap.

I supposed the type that connects to a drill is a waste but when I saw that metal expensive one I thought maybe it might work.
If your works for 8 years and you use it daily I think it`ll be enough for me.

Thank you for sharing your exp.
Zkr

ZKR said:
Greetings.

I need a tool to open generally simple strains (in my house). Kitchen and bath plumbing.

I have a good `Metabo` electric drill and want to use it`s power.

I`ve seen several tools which connect to electric drills:

Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/Rothenberger-72095-ROSPI-Drain-Cleaner/dp/B000ZEHKIQ/ref=sr_1_112?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1319737129&sr=1-112

Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/Gen-Wire-Spring-Drill-Snake/dp/B0002JT3OI/ref=sr_1_3?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1319492716&sr=1-3

Would those tools make a good job or should I buy something more serious. Currently I use a standard hand auger and failed to open the kitchen strain 2 times. I would prefer to invest in a good tool than to save my money and have it not to do the job or break apart.

I would like to know if I can buy any tool which would connect to my drill and do a good job and be reliable.

Any suggestions please?

By a general hand snake

Last edited by a moderator:
Back