Doubling up on Tank Alert alarm

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike I

Reaction score
I have a SJE Rhombus Tank Alert Series 101 alarm set up on my sewage ejector pit with a high level float switch. I also have a sump pump pit nearby where I'm installing a battery backup system. I'd like to add an alarm alert to the sump pit so I know if/when the line pump has failed and am relying on the battery backup system. I'm wondering if I can just install a second float switch on the alarm, using the same 12V contact on the alarm. I'd have to buy the float switch but it would save me the cost of the alarm base.

Are you asking if you can wire two float switches in parallel and have them both trip the same alarm?

Exactly- in the event of an alarm I'd have to check the respective pit to tell which one was not pumping down which of course will be apparent as soon as I enter the room. They'll both be high level activated so I figure as you say it's just creating a parallel connection on the terminal block, and the alarm switch will close on either pit rising to high level.

The only thing I could think of is that you’re mixing the devices between two pits. I’m not sure how your electrical is configured.

It could be potentially dangerous if someone thinks the powers off to the pit but there’s another circuit operating the high water alarm from a different pit.

I’m not saying this applies here but you get the idea.

As far as function it will work fine. In fact I would probably do it for myself but not for a customer.

Latest posts

Back