Does anyone know the manufacturer.....

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Ward

Reaction score
of this mixer tap and temperature control valve please? I need new cartridges but there is absolutely nothing to indicate who manufactured it. The only clue is a mark that looks like CSP on the casting. Any help would be very welcome.

IMG_1568.JPG IMG_1570-E.jpg

bring those pics to a plumbing supply house they may be able to help

Thanks for the response. I've already tried a couple of those already, with no success. I guess I could try a few more but the two so far were adamant they had never seen that particular model.

Thanks for the response. I've already tried a couple of those already, with no success. I guess I could try a few more but the two so far were adamant they had never seen that particular model.
try googling that stamp in the casting it may look familiar but I have see n a few so im not sure

I’m not familiar with the brand either but that logo is just it’s Canadian Standards Association stamp. Nothing to do with the brand

I’m not familiar with the brand either but that logo is just it’s Canadian Standards Association stamp. Nothing to do with the brand

Ah thanks. So does that indicate the manufacturer is probably Canadian? Excuse me if that's a dumb question, but I don't know how this works.

No, I think that’s like our UPC stamp. Just that it’s canadian approved. If you take it apart, the cartridge will tell the story.

No, I think that’s like our UPC stamp. Just that it’s canadian approved. If you take it apart, the cartridge will tell the story.

Thanks for the help. I'm new to this - when you say "the cartridge will tell the story" what do you mean? There are no visible marks or identifying logos on the cartridges as far as I can see. Do you mean if I take them out there may be something to identify them ?

A lot of manufacturers will use the same cartridges on a wide range of their models. A lot of times it’s too hard to tell by the trim alone because multiple manufacturers can use the almost identical trim, or in this case a rare one nobody is familiar with. Someone may recognize the cartridge

Once you have the “guts”(cartridge) in hand you can take it to a supply house and they can find the manufacturer. And, you may even be able to figure it out online. If you put a pic of the cartridge up, we May be able to help.

Keep track of any little o-rings, washers, springs, or other doo-dads that might be inside the valve body, besides just the main cartridge.
Some might be re-usable, or they might need to be bought separately if they don’t come with a new cartridge.
Take pictures of everything as you go along.
Lay out little parts in order, in a safe place.
Put a rag over the drain, before little parts go bye-bye.

A lot of manufacturers will use the same cartridges on a wide range of their models. A lot of times it’s too hard to tell by the trim alone because multiple manufacturers can use the almost identical trim, or in this case a rare one nobody is familiar with. Someone may recognize the cartridge
OK, thanks for the advice

Once you have the “guts”(cartridge) in hand you can take it to a supply house and they can find the manufacturer. And, you may even be able to figure it out online. If you put a pic of the cartridge up, we May be able to help.
Thanks for the advice

Keep track of any little o-rings, washers, springs, or other doo-dads that might be inside the valve body, besides just the main cartridge.
Some might be re-usable, or they might need to be bought separately if they don’t come with a new cartridge.
Take pictures of everything as you go along.
Lay out little parts in order, in a safe place.
Put a rag over the drain, before little parts go bye-bye.
OK, I'll be careful - thanks for the advice

I have found that if you call your plumbing supply house they can probably give you a phone # or e-mail that you can send them a picture of the valve. They may not know but maybe they can recommend someone that can identify it.
At least any supply house that gives a sh#t about it's customers.

Latest posts

Back