Does anyone else miss the respected forum members that no longer participate ?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarg

Reaction score
Seems the decent folks that used to be available to help have decided it is best to be elsewhere. This forum and the Administrator(s) allow and even condone inappropriate behavior like very foul language and even the popular topic of "bullying'.

Strange that most forums do not allow bad conduct at all and do not tolerate improper posts ........... but this forum seems to encourage it with the solution of just deleting the negative posts the next day and/or closing the threads.
No consequences for shitty improper behavior .............. Just like our current government.

Sorry, I'm doing the best I can. I do not condone these actions and will normally need to lock a thread until I have time to read and filter all the unneeded BS and chatter. I have given vacations to those who like to violate the rules. The violators have received temporary banning from this forum, hoping when they come back, it is a more pleasant forum. Nobody likes the bickering.

I guess rules are made to be broken.
The cartoons that have essentially taken this forum over because they appear to have nothing else to do have been banned from other forums and those forums now seem to be the pick of litter.

• You agree to refrain from engaging in any inappropriate conduct when using the Websites. Inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated and may result in the termination of member privileges. Inappropriate conduct is any conduct or behavior deemed by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, to be harmful to the online community, including, but not limited to, the following:

• Posting any content deemed by us to be obscene, sexually explicit, vulgar, threatening, harassing, or abusive;

• Engaging in activity that makes you a high-maintenance user to our staff;

Here are the rules which have been in place for the last 10 years, at least.

havasu
Administrator Staff member Admin
Apr 6, 2021
Add bookmark
Well They're just guidelines but they need to be read by all who join.
As a member, you are able to post comments and questions on all of the forums available.
There are a few general rules that you must follow though. This forum is a close community
consisting of;

professionals

inspectors

DIY'ers

craftsmen

and homeowners/renters seeking professional advice before they contact a contractor.

Many members will sign up to ask one specific question and then they might not ever return,
especially if they are bombarded by spam, degrading comments or instructions on forum
etiquette instead of answers. The regulars here also do not respond well to the same things.
This is a friendly forum and we wish to maintain it that way. So, please post up your thoughts,
questions and advice or whatever you feel you need to share. We're all up for a good tip,
a funny or a smile. Questions are more than welcome, in fact, there are professionals here who
just LOVE to show off their aptitude and abilities. :)

1. Spam will not be tolerated.
Advertising products for profit is spam. Inviting members to competing forums is spam. If there are any type of links redirecting our viewers to your own website and discovered, you will be permanently banned as a spammer.

2. "Flaming" will not be tolerated.
What is there to be gained by calling another member out? New members are just that. If you
have a problem with someone, report their post, send me a private message or ignore them.
Don't get caught up in the heat of the moment and let your temper flare up. New members may
need to see the dynamics of the forum before they can adjust their posts to fit within these
guidelines. Bullying or general nastiness to other members will get you banned. Foul language,
and abusive behavior has no place here.

3. "Hijacking threads" should be avoided.
If you are reading a thread and you have a question closely related to the subject, by all
means, post the question! BUT if you have a question that has very little to do with the
subject of the thread... Go back to the forums and research. If the question has never come up,
Start a new Thread! :) It's simple, you will get a more direct response and the thread you
were reading when your question arose will still be intact and available for others who may
be facing the same challenge. You may, in effect, help many others by asking your question.
The new thread will grab the attention of others who may need the same advice you needed!

4. Arguing online is pointless and will not be tolerated.
Arguing on the Internet doesn't make anyone look smart. Even if you do have all of the answers
there is a gentle way to express yourself and you are expected to go that route. Making fun,
name calling, being generally angry, etc. will not be tolerated.

5. Please make your posts and start your new threads in appropriate categories.
A post in the wrong category is LOST. When a browsing John or Jane Doe has a question, they
will look in the categories that fit the problem. For example; Plumbing questions in the
general category will not be easily found. Please keep your introductions and your
multiple questions in separate and appropriate categories.

6. Be careful with your signatures!
The temptation to spam other members in signatures will get you caught and your signature may
be deleted or disabled all together. Keep your profiles, pictures and posts clean and friendly

7. Do not be upset if someone kindly corrects you when you have made a mistake.
That's what learning is all about. I know this could have gone in with the arguing online or
the flaming guideline but it really needs to be addressed separately. Careful thought when
you've been corrected preserves more dignity than any amount of defending a mistake.

8. This company, professional plumbers, handy persons, and DIY persons shall not be help responsible for any typos, errors or wrong instructions.
Often times, members ask about specialty installations, such as electrical wiring or propane or natural gas piping. All members should be aware of their local codes, and whether a professional should be called in. All members, moderators and administrators shall be held harmless in the event that something goes wrong. Remember, when in doubt, call in a professional who is licensed and bonded to perform the specific additions, repairs or modifications.

9. Abusing Private Messages will not be tolerated.
Bullying members, spamming and arguing in Private Messaging should be reported immediately.
Members who break this guideline will be banned.

10. Name your new threads appropriately!
If there's one thing that loses a good thread anywhere near as fast as placing it in the wrong
category, it's the titling. Naming your thread "I have a question" is a sure fired way to get
ignored. Your question will be overlooked by many people who may have otherwise been very
helpful or may have benefited from your question and it's answers. Give a clue to your problem,
one word can be very helpful. 3 or 4 words will have the pros ready to answer before they even
see your question.

If you find violations of these commandments, please click on the report post icon, on the
exact post you find offensive. The report is instantly e-mailed to the administrator and the
moderator. Reported posts will be dealt with as fairly as possible. If I've left anything out
or if you have any other suggestions or comments, please refer to the suggestions thread in the
General Forum.

There you have it, The Ten Commandments of Plumbingforums.com.
They're not hard to abide, just treat others as you would have them treat you.
Have fun on the forum and good luck in all of your home improvement endeavors!!

What I posted was a copy & paste from this forum's rules. Just unfortunate there is no one to enforce them.

And yes ..... We noticed you deleted the posts from the turds .......... Again

Last edited:
My two-cents...

Kudo's to anyone who (@havasu) takes "THEIR" time to manage any type of forum. I personally know from experience that the time required to Admin a public/private forum FAR outweighs any monetary (if any) reward!

Furthermore, I "personally" enjoy watching the back-and-forth posturing and jabs between a few of the well-know posters 😂

Latest posts

Back