Do I reroute?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gobigblue

Reaction score
I have a partial clog that is causing water released from my 2nd story kitchen sink to flow out of my 1st story washing machine drain. Clearing the clog fixes the problem but I'm concerned the clog will happen again due to the way the piping is configured. Is the present configuration acceptable practice and is there a better configuration? Is it worth it to reroute the piping if there is a better configuration? See picture. Thank you for any recommendations.

Condo_drain.jpg

That set up is all wrong. You should get some support under that line it looks like it is sagging. It should be at least a wye and street 45 and not the san tee. I would have that washer drain on a seperate line. That will be the first place water comes out when those sink lines get clogged.

Are you sure that 1 1/2 pipe next to the p trap is a drain normally that would bet a vent.
You could install a dandy clean out on the 1 1/2 next to the p trap just a little above the stand pipe you could snake from thete

Latest posts

Back