Do I need water filter and if so what system would be best?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catfishhoward

Reaction score
I live in N. Florida and just had my well water tested. My neighbor told me about bleaching the well so after 2 years I bleached the well and 3 weeks later had the well water tested. I had a pink coating in the toilet which looks more brown now after the bleaching. When I stop the well I do have brown water for a while which I thought might be dirt but now I wonder about the iron-related bacteria. I thought about bleaching again in 6 months and testing again, maybe since I didn't bleach for 2 years the bacteria built up? My water pressure is great, my water has no odor and it taste great. I drink water from my fridge which has a filter. Is this fridge filter good enough or do I need another filter per my water test? From what I see the Iron-related bacteria (IRB) could be my only real issue?
1.jpg
2.jpg3.jpg4.jpgIMG_20200723_141029784.jpg

You may want a well company look at is info to determine what you need
Thanks for the reply. I might look at replacing my pump system next year or so when I get more money for a solar pump to help fill my little pond during droughts. For now I would like to just address my water quality and if a filter system is needed. I don't think one is needed but I'm no expert. From what I've read up on the Iron-related bacteria (IRB) is not harmful if you drink it but could cause other things for form or could clog the system.

Are you saying you only have a 1 grain hardness of water. Thats really low and also good water. I live in
the city boundries and ours is 8 grain. I just wanted to see if maybe a water softner would help you any
because you can add Red Out with the salt to help with your iron problem.

From what I see from the report all is good except for the Iron-related bacteria (IRB), even my iron numbers are low. Since the well wasn't bleached for over 2 years I'm going to do it again this spring and test it again. I really think my fridge filter is good for now? I might plan on going to a solar pump later and that would be a good time to look at the Iron-related bacteria issue down around the pump.

Latest posts

Back