Dishwasher water intake

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to hookup a new Insignia dishwasher, and I'm not sure how I would go about connecting my water hose to the water intake, I have all the existing plumbing, I'm just confused as to what I need to use to actually connect the line to the dishwasher itself. Its only a small little tube (3/8 I believe) poking out the back, with no threads on it, I tried a universal kit with a quick connect but the tube is too small. Any ideas would be appreciated as I seem to have a hard time finding anyone knowledgeable enough to help in my local hardware stores. I've attached a pic of the back of the dishwasher.

I am installing this same dishwasher, and haven't been able to figure out what the white pipe on the back left of it is. Seems like it's not connected to anything, but this is the only place I've even found it mentioned. Is it some kind of air vent?

frodo to the rescue once again.
Jonesy ... frodo mentioned the white "tube" in the back is a secondary entry for your power lead (if needed)

Last edited:
Yea, but I can't see how. It appears to run 6 inches in and just end at a metal wall, maybe with a wing screw visible in there.

Back