Dishwasher supply line connection help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s easy to read and tell who’s installing equipment and who’s pushing the buttons after people like me leave.

Appliances are not being made better, they’re throw away now. It’s a sad situation.

Bosch 800 install instructions.

The leak detection system doesn’t protect you again the inlet leaking, just the interior components. Better than nothing as long as it doesn’t malfunction.

You won’t see these notices on machines that connect on the front. They’re not needed.

How about the one in the middle I didn’t circle. Tipping it forward could cause death 🤡

7DE7977D-5447-4BD5-90A5-D687518B817B.jpeg

Hiding a water hose connection in your house isn’t a very smart idea in my opinion. Borderline idiotic.

Last edited:
OK, so you don't like Bosch dishwashers? For goodness sake, DO NOT INSTALL THEM! Live up to your high moral and ethical code.

You are, though, absolutely correct. Friends of mine are appliance engineers and they'll be the first to tell you that today's appliances will not last as long as the ones made 20 years ago. I wouldn't say they are disposable, but I'll be happy if I get 10 years out of our relatively new appliances. Two years out of the GE dishwasher was a bit annoying however.

Avoid cross threading, well of course. Any kind of plastic fitting, particularly if you have a metal fitting attached to it, will easily cross thread if you are not careful. That's why Bosch mentioned it. Why, just the other day a neighbor called me for the very same situation. They had attempted to self install a bidet toilet seat attachment (please, don't ask...) and the metal valve assembly that screws on the bottom of the Kohler valve assembly cross threaded. Common issue I suppose. I asked them to get an entirely new Kohler flush valve. It was $16 for the OEM valve assembly. I carefully threaded it on w/o cross threading. Took me 20 minutes to install the valve, install the bidet valve, and clean up.

You will not be able to access the back of the Bosch 800 by "tipping it forward" you have to slide it out, don't care what manual you have or what it says; unless you have exceeding long very thin arms, can work blindly, you won't be able to reach the back. You have to make the water connection prior to physical installation. Tipping it will not cause death; the thing doesn't weigh all that much. It's not a range with cast iron grates on top, or a refrigerator which weighs hundreds of pounds. You have to also make the electrical connection via proprietary plug, also in the back of the unit. No getting around it. Find another brand to install, and if someone calls you on it recommend another contractor to install.

My refrigerator's water connections are also hidden. No way to access them unless you slide the thing out. There's hundreds of push-fit PEX connections in my home and I suppose any of them could leak someday; and they are all buried in walls. All of that can leak. I'm satisfied my fittings on the Bosch are solid. Of course they are. I did it! :)

Maybe if you don't like these things, being a plumber is the wrong line of work.

Any permanent appliance that hides a water hose connection is not a good idea.
Who wouldn’t agree with that ? 🤣

Installing dishwashers isn’t legally plumbing work. You don’t need a plumbing license to install a dishwasher.

I could never install another dishwasher and I’d never miss it, like most plumbers.

They keep screwing around with the connections and I may very well refuse to install. No need to take a risk on crappy products when I have other work.

That’s a page screen shot off the install book, Bosch 800

They warn about cross threading because it’s a plastic water hose connection.

It’s easy to cross thread it. Same on the back of a washing machine except those are hot hidden inside a cabinet.

Yeah, you’re right 🤭

Remove the brass fitting that currently in your dishwasher now and replace it with this one.

It’ll fit your hose that you have now.

If you’d like you can buy a kit that contained this fitting snd a new stainless hose.

You will not use the nut that comes with this fitting. But leave it on the fitting while you install it to protect the threads.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...-Brass-Elbow-Adapter-Fitting-800859/207176871

Sorry to get back on topic lol but this part worked great, thanks Twowaxhack! I had to remove the bracket holding it on the dishwasher as it was corroded and I couldn't get it loose while on the machine. My last question is does it appear the dishwasher should be back further in the hole? It didn't want to go back any further but it may have been hitting the long drain hose.

Attachments

• 20220127_075606.jpg
    20220127_075606.jpg
    858 KB · Views: 5
If it’s secured in the hole and the door shuts then it’s fine. It may could go back some more, it’s up to you if you want to investigate.

Back