Dishwasher sink vent

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sbct172

Reaction score
Just installed a new dishwasher and a vent. Every time I wash dishes the suds and little bits of food will start to come out of the vent. Attached is a photo of how I have the sink drain. Any advise would be great!!!!!!A56D605A-F4D5-4E5E-B976-5BD1D5765768.jpeg

Send photo of whatever that is above dishwasher tee. The p-trap is not correct. You have installed where it has too deep of seal (water). Let’s see what is above the tee so we can install p-trap correctly.

Send photo of whatever that is above dishwasher tee. The p-trap is not correct. You have installed where it has too deep of seal (water). Let’s see what is above the tee so we can install p-trap correctly.

that is the bottom of the drain. It is a 3E2A3AAF-FDCA-40CA-8128-CAAE04950A57.jpegdeep farm house sink that was installed. When I was putting this together I thought it may be bad since the bottom of the drain of the sink is level with the waste line going into the wall.

I have never had one level like this.

I don’t think it will ever be right without lowering the arm going into wall. Looks like the vertical stack in the wall is probably PVC. Cut wall and install new tee. While you have stack cut, install clean out where existing tee is now.

I don’t think it will ever be right without lowering the arm going into wall. Looks like the vertical stack in the wall is probably PVC. Cut wall and install new tee. While you have stack cut, install clean out where existing tee is now.
What is the ideal distance for the arm in the wall to be below the bottom of the sink drain. Man oh man. Wish I double checked this before everything was installed. I appreciate your assistance with this!

Back