Dirt/soil below kitchen cabinet, plumbing from kitchen going straight into the soil - Help!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmgar

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just purchased a condo and there was a bad smell coming from the kitchen. I ended up tracing it to the kitchen cabinet, and there is a hole cut in the wood; inside, dirt/soil, which looks that it goes along the wall below other cabinets.

The smell coming from it is strong, and there are dirt marks around the cabinet whole.

Take a look at the pictures, any information would be much appreciated.

Is this even normal? Anyone have seen it?
Any solution? This looks more like a kitchen remodeling issue than plumbing.

PS: that plumbing surrounded of white stuff...also bad I understand?

Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200819-091801_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200819-091801_Video Player.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20200819-091726_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200819-091726_Video Player.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
did you have an inspection when you purchased the condo....no it doesn't seem right to have dirt brhind your cabinets....you may wnt to bring this up to your condo board this maybe building wide......

Yes, he inspected the whole house and went under the sink. I remember I asked him about that hole, and he said that was okay. He was inside looking and didn't mention the dirt. I never got inside (I paid this guy $400) until yesterday, and found that...

Yes, he inspected the whole house and went under the sink. I remember I asked him about that hole, and he said that was okay. He was inside looking and didn't mention the dirt. I never got inside (I paid this guy $400) until yesterday, and found that...
can you go to your condo board that looks to be part of the structure of the building not within the walls of your unit
if your unit is like that there maybe more like yours

Back