Diesel Boiler Piping System

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alwreikat1996

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently working on a plumbing system for a bosch-buderus diesel boiler, the previous plumber made the connection shown in picture below. this connection goes from the boiler to the hot water collector for the underfloor heating systems.

I'm curious on how this connection will affect the system overall, I know that these 3 elbows will affect the flow rate and the fluid pressure, but in simple terms what do you guys think will be the overall effect.

Thanks

IMG_20210603_150703 (1).jpgIMG_20210605_153929.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210605_153929.jpg
    IMG_20210605_153929.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
Each 90° will add some equivalent length of pipe. The loop should be less than 300 total. As long as the loop isn't too long the piping should be fine.

That said he could have probably found a better way to pipe it, but generally something like that shouldn't have a huge effect.

I think I would move down the 2 PVC elbows in the background to make room and use 1 elbow instead of 3.

You know what bothers me is that some good plumber has done a very nice job piping up all the boiler heating piping, and some lazy bun has just run pex like it is garden hose all over and destroyed the look of a nicely done job.

We've managed to get rid of some of the pex, I will show you guys a picture when the job is done.

Guessing the piping is galvy, not sure that's the best hard pipe option, the coating tends to flake over time, my state requires BM not galvy on gas for this reason.

Beyond that, the 6th and 7th returns in from front would drive me batty, the nipples above the unions are longer, merely a cosmetic thing though.

It probably meets the country of Jordan’s piping code. Maybe not.

Guessing the piping is galvy, not sure that's the best hard pipe option, the coating tends to flake over time, my state requires BM not galvy on gas for this reason.

Beyond that, the 6th and 7th returns in from front would drive me batty, the nipples above the unions are longer, merely a cosmetic thing though.
No it is not gravity, if it was gravity the piping would be much larger like 2 inch .

Back