designer working on new plumbing tools : whats the best stuff out there?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dear wife, Lovee, and I vacation all over the world, including the Riviera, Monte Carlo, and Gilligan's Island. Should we not be able to return for months or years, a leak could result in astronomical damage to the home. Kohler, thy name is foul in my home. They are so big that not even billion dollar insurance companies can sue them for negligence in design and manufacturing. Same rule of thumb applies to the other big corporations. This is why Home Depot never has to worry about getting sued for the Glacier Bay or other third rate plumbing fixtures they sell to naive do-it-yourselfers, even though they are warned by letter and internet posts of defects in their sale items. ;)

My dear wife, Lovee, and I vacation all over the world, including the Riviera, Monte Carlo, and Gilligan's Island. Should we not be able to return for months or years, a leak could result in astronomical damage to the home
Dear Mr. Aloha...
When one is away for long periods, it is traditional that one turns the water to the home - OFF- before one leaves. On the other hand, if one leaves their home in the hands of their servants - what's the problem?

Calling Mr. Troll, calling Mr. Troll, There's a call for Mr. Troll

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Aloha...
When one is away for long periods, it is traditional that one turns the water to the home - OFF- before one leaves. On the other hand, if one leaves their home in the hands of their servants - what's the problem?

Calling Mr. Troll, calling Mr. Troll, There's a call for Mr. Troll

I feel in a troll-full mood today. First, they said it would be a 3 hour trip. Alas, ...

Lovey, at times, was jealous of me staring at Ginger and Mary Ann.

But, back to the question at hand. Some things in the home demand that the water be on all the time. Ever own a fish pond with a recirculating waterfall? That consumes water at a prodigious rate. As for the help, where can you find good help nowadays? No one is an expert plumber! You think this is England, where you can locate a butler who serves as a TV repairman, auto mechanic, plumber and bodyguard? Would a maid even know the location of the main shutoff valve? 'Nuff said.

I have Lovey busy trying to get the Kohler service department to respond to the leaky faucet, and crazing on the two pedestal sinks we purchased. Check out these reviews on Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/reviews/KOHLER/100669864/1?sort=Most-helpful&reviewsRating=0
Look for the comment "Wish Kohler would stand behind their products." And people wonder why I'm cranky.

What's wrong with a Site, where a man can 'nah block another. 'Tis a sad day, it is, it is.

I think you can still “ignore” posts from any member you choose, not sure what exact result that gives.

It probably just removes their posts from your alerts, but I suspect they would still show up under New Posts.

Maybe an Admin can clarify that process.

Thanks Jeff, took a while, but found how to get software to do what I wanted.
(( I'm so weak, can't just ignore on my own hook ))

Latest posts

Back