Delta sink upgrade

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a DIY’er trying to update a pedestal sink to a new vanity and have run into an issue connecting the faucet to the water line. Not being sure of all the right terms, I have attached a picture showing where I’m stuck

Should I just buy some adapter or is that existing line supposed to be removable?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• E07F83DA-EAE9-4037-8C5D-FABC45F1A6FB.jpeg
    E07F83DA-EAE9-4037-8C5D-FABC45F1A6FB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
I’m not sure how those come off but I’m guessing I’d be cutting the wall open. ( the whole valve and all )

I’ve never ran into those, so I’m following along. They may have a release ring like a sharkbite.

Unfortunately not seeing anything that that’s helpful to me at least. Thanks for the quick replies 6E342FE7-7BD5-41B7-9DB5-9FD46470862A.jpeg

They are crap. Cheap builders use those. I cringe when I have a client ordering them

They are crap. Cheap builders use those. I cringe when I have a client ordering them
I hated to work at house like this , there would always be a leak down or up stream from where you you working , and of course it was your fault .

I’ve definitely picked up on that. I went out and bought some of those SharkBite connectors yesterday and will attempt to replace the old ones. Thanks to everyone for setting me straight!

Hi everyone, it’s me again. I have the sharkbite connectors installed and the mainlines on, so far so good. The last bit that doesn’t quite line up is the drain pipe connection.
I checked YouTube, but since 1) I don’t know what I don’t know and 2) anyone can post there, I thought I’d check with the experts.

Do you have any advice or favorite tutorials for connecting the drain pipe assembly? I’ll most likely have to buy all the pvc.

Attachments

• F8704F8C-BD52-43E9-9258-4210E9F07DB7.jpeg
    F8704F8C-BD52-43E9-9258-4210E9F07DB7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
You just need a p trap. It doesn't need to line up the joint will swing into alignment. It's pretty self explanatory. Twist tight onto the tail piece,and twist tight onto the adapter coming out of the wall.

Latest posts

Back