delta single handle faucet disassembly

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giwatcher

Reaction score
I had a slight drip on an old delta single handle kitchen faucet. I replaced the seats and springs for hot and cold. After reassembly it drips unless I fiddle with the handle to find the sweet spot, and then there is no leak. If I pull the handle forward beyond the no leak sweet spot, there is a steady stream of water. It did not use to do this. Also, if I remove the handle and pull the ball stem forward to the center notch of the locking disc, it doesn't leak and won't go any further forward than the visible end point. Did I do something wrong in reassembly? I have done this many times in the past without issue.

I've had to stretch springs on brand new single handle faucets. You could try to give them an ever so slight stretch.

IF type of top with castelated adjuster, tightening that plastic piece is sometimes in order.

I disassembled and reassembled, did not touch the seats and springs. The plastic adjuster was ever so slightly loose, so I tightened it. Now there is no leak and normal function is restored. What confused me was the faucet worked fine with the handle removed in terms of proper ball positioning using the ball stem, the issue was with the handle on. All is well now. Could a tiny adjustment of the plastic ring really have been the issue? Seems odd.

In my mind your handle was creating some space, which was the purpose of my suggestion. Sounds like @breplum was closer.

Back