Delta push pin diverter issues even after replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasper1388

Reaction score
I have a Delta single ball shower setup with a push pin diverter. I replaced the diverter because of water coming out of it when the water is on, I have now replaced it twice with the Danco cross referenced part and the only reason I didn't use delta because it's all my local parts store carries. I have installed it with the plastic flapper stopper horizontal in the right position and also that is the only way it will go in. I have also watched plenty of videos of everyone installing it just like I have twice. The problem I am having is water still coming out of the tub faucet and the shower head at the same time when the diverter is engaged, seems to me it isn't getting a good seal but I do not see any debris causing any issue. Anyone have any thoughts or similar issue? Thanks in advance.

If the factory parts fails to work properly you have choices.

You can live with it.

You can replace the whole faucet

You can buy a delta diverter plug and buy a new trim plate without the hole for a diverter and replace the existing spout with a diverting spout.

If the factory parts fails to work properly you have choices.

You can live with it.

You can replace the whole faucet

You can buy a delta diverter plug and buy a new trim plate without the hole for a diverter and replace the existing spout with a diverting spout.

Thank you for your reply sir, and yessir I am going to replace with the oem parts and see how that goes, and I did see where you had talked about the plug and replacing the spout with a diverter combo to another user and that will definitely be my alternative if this doesn't work. I would have probably gone that route the first time if I would have thought about it! Thanks again for your time!

Back