Delta Faucet Dripping

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caboose

Reaction score
I recently replaced the washers and springs in my single lever Delta faucet. Now when I shut off the water, the faucet drips unless I get the handle in just the right spot. Could the washers or springs be defective?

Did you install delta parts or off brand???? We have hundreds of single handle delta faucets unless they are in the middle they will drip
And if your hot or cold is dripping with your stop and waste off that means your stop and waste washers are wearing out
If it's a brass craft they are rebuild able

I used Danco washers & springs. Thought I might get away with buying cheaper parts.
I just ordered Some new Delta parts. Hopefully that will solve my problem!!

Back in the day, when I knew zip, repaired and re-repaired and re-re-re-repaired a Single-Handle Delta tub faucet. Finally learned that you had to use the correct springs behind the rubber seals; there are (or were) two types of springs.
Also, if you want the faucet to work for years & years, with no drips, when you next repair it, buy yourself the internal stainless steel ball. Makes a real difference, that you won't notice, until 10-15 years have passed, and faucet is still leak-free.
/

And clean out the crud from the valve body with paper towels soaked in vinegar.
Then goop up everything with a thin coat of silicone valve grease.

Latest posts

Back