Cutting and gluing ABS

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edee_em

Reaction score
How square does an ABS pipe have to be cut, really. I know we aim for square but does it absolutely have to be square?

No. It that’s what you try for ,measure from the end make multiple marks on the pipeconnect them so it’s a nice line and use a vice and follow the line file the end to take all the burrs off sounds like a lot but it takes minutes

Given the inside of a 1 1/2" or 2" fitting (for example) is 3/4", if your cut is off by 1/4", that's likely too far off. You wanna make sure there's enough pipe in there to catch a good, wide glued seal.

Yes 1/4 maybe to much if you have chop saw that’s the way to go
I have a chop saw and used it for all other cuts. The cut I was talking about was a stub that I had to cut back to (vertical drain/vent pipe coming through floor into basement. I used the oscillating tool on it and got it pretty close. Well within the 1/4". Thanks

I have a chop saw and used it for all other cuts. The cut I was talking about was a stub that I had to cut back to (vertical drain/vent pipe coming through floor into basement. I used the oscillating tool on it and got it pretty close. Well within the 1/4". Thanks
I think you will be ok

Back