Custom waterfall tub filler - need help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith-W

Reaction score
I am looking for some help with an idea for my bathroom remodel. I am installing a corner tub in our master bath and have been wanting to do something unique for the faucet or tub filler and came across this picture.

d2114fa50dd950b0_1987-w500-h666-b0-p0--tropical-bathroom.jpg

It's described as a faucet hidden inside the rocks. I want to get some ideas on how to do this and I don't think buying a pre-made waterfall faucet and hidding it is the best way. I think I will need universal faucet parts to make this work but I've only ever installed manufactured faucets before, never individual components. Is something like this rough-in valve what I need to start with? http://www.efaucets.com/detail.asp?product_id=08-75-63

Once I figure out how to control the water and get the output plumbed to where I want it I need to know how to get the waterfall effect. I understand that the basic need is to reduce the pressure of the output without reducing the flow. It looks like manufactured waterfall faucets do this by discharging the water against a plate or flange of some kind causing the water to flow around it (kind of like if you put your hand about a half inch in front of a garden hose and let the water run down your hand rather than just shoot out the end of the hose).

It is a unique and very interesting idea, i must say that, if you completed this project then share the pictures of finished project. I am very conscious to see the finished one.

Back