Cracked flush tank - any ideas for cheap fix?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irainesan

Reaction score
My flush tank is cracked. Is there an option to seal the crack?
If that's not best, could I replace just the tank but not the whole toilet? Please see teh picture attached. I will appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• flush tank.jpg
    flush tank.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 28
there are numbers stamped in the tank they are in black or cast into the tank take a pic of the toilet and write down all the numbers....most times there is a group of 4
but bring them to a PLUMBING SUPPLY HOUSE they should be able to help......there are some glues out there but if it didn't work and your tank fell apart and flooded your place it wouldn't be money well spent....

I replaced the tank on a toilet in one of my rental properties a few years ago, and it cost less than $50 and about 30 minutes to replace. As stated above, get the numbers from the inside of the tank, and go to a plumbing supply house to get the correct replacement.

It’s a gerber toilet. It’s $125 at Lowe’s right now. Be careful of how much time and money you put into a new tank. “From a low end but good quality toilet brand”

Yes, you can replace that tank easily. Just make sure its a Gerber with the same tank number.

Had the same thing happen to me. Once a crack gets started it will go all the way to the big hole in the bottom. No way to stop it.
I tried really hard to find a replacement but it was a special 10" rough in version and nobody was selling just the tank.

Back