Coverable drill-hole to insert hose thru door - no practical hardware?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minni

Reaction score
Hi - Home Depot directed me to ask this Q to a plumber, as they were not informed on this matter. And so I'm posting here.

I have occasion when I need to insert a long hose thru basement doorway, when plumber comes to flush out water boiler.

At such a time, recently, I found myself boringly babysitting the door's opening (where the hose was put thru) to ensure no bee's or other creatures get thru.

And I also have occasion where I wish to extend a heavy-duty extension cord thru the garage door to enable me to light up the entire front of my house (temporarily).

So is there no way to drill holes (within the the basement door and garage door - for the above purposes - and then a secure cover, to cover up those holes when I'm done with the hose or extension cord)? Why isn't there some sort of kit, just like there are air-vents that a handyman installed within my garage door (and opposite side) a few years ago?

Hoping I'm not the only one in the world who has run into this snag, and someone here can advise. So much for giant leaps for mankind, such as moon-landings, when there's not even enough practical hardware options! Speak of which, I'm also attaching another one of my "practical hardware" wishes - which also don't seem to be available.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Flexi_lamp.jpg
    Flexi_lamp.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 0
Well there plastic access panels that are used for valve access you could research something like that there are metal access panels out there but if they are exposed to the elements they will rust

I have used a piece of 2 inch PVC pipe with clean outs on one or both ends, with the appropriate size holesaw. This can either go through a door or right through a wall.

I agree but then I remember one doctor who described male ED as a "plumbing" issue. I guess it all depends on what you define as plumbing.

I thought I had ED for a couple months but in reality I just needed a divorce and a 21 yr old blond……

It’s hard to have an appetite eating spoiled food……

Warning, profanity in the clip ✌️🤭

With access panel or electrical-box, wouldn't flying and crawling insects have more access, compared to PVC's diameter?

I wish I could see pic's of some of these such as wpns and havasu's friend's setup.

As for how this is a plumbing issue, maybe ask HomeDepot? (see O.P.)

Install a permanent outside electrical outlet. Have your plumber bring a pump.

Problem solved. Goodnight.

I thought I had ED for a couple months but in reality I just needed a divorce and a 21 yr old blond…....✌️🤭
Good choice, because
No drugs.
-and-
No surgery.
(Except that attorneys probably removed a chunk of your wallet.)

Good choice, because
No drugs.
-and-
No surgery.
(Except that attorneys probably removed a chunk of your wallet.)
$8k, and a bargain. Easily worth 3 times that.

Money is useless after your needs are met if you’re not happy.

Back