correct wet horizontal venting application?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkremix

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just put together this wet venting scheme and wanted to see if you all agree that it is a correct application of horizontal wet venting for a bathroom group. Please see attached.

IMG_4362.jpg

FYI, I attempted to check the location of the OP via the IP address, but it is concealed

NSPC indicates New Jersey-- that is the only state that seems to use it.
I was trying to load the pdf file (the link with nspc), but my internet is too slow. It should explain wet-venting. If not, my apologies. I need to find a good link to the NSPC.

NSPC indicates New Jersey-- that is the only state that seems to use it.
I was trying to load the pdf file (the link with nspc), but my internet is too slow. It should explain wet-venting. If not, my apologies. I need to find a good link to the NSPC.

Yes, NJ. In the NSPC section 12.10.1 talks about Wet venting. There are 5 stipulations that need to be met. I believe my diagram meets all of them and the tables / sections it refers to. I can upload a screen shot of the code but don't know if it is allowed here.

Yes, NJ. In the NSPC section 12.10.1 talks about Wet venting. There are 5 stipulations that need to be met. I believe my diagram meets all of them and the tables / sections it refers to. I can upload a screen shot of the code but don't know if it is allowed here.
Screen shots of code are usually quite welcome. People want to know what the codes say.

Question 1: Would be legal under any code in the USA?
Question 2: Would it be legal in particular under the NSPC?

there are 2 major codes in the states.

upc and the ipc your drawing is legal under the ipc but not the upc

either way, if you are under the nspc, then you have to use that code

it dos not matter if it is legal under a different code.

Thank you for the response. Just out of curiosity, is the tub drain connected to the 2" wet vent in your diagram because it is not shown to have a vent in my original diagram? My original diagram didn't mention that the shower is ~4' from the main stack. Does that change anything? Or is the issue that the shower is downstream of the WC, even though the WC has its vent already? See attached for an updated diagram.

Attachments

• wet vent shower.PNG
    wet vent shower.PNG
    733 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back