Copper or pex

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to learn how to fold lead shower pans, and copper as well. Doubt I will ever have a call to install either. If someone were willing to spend that much, they would probably go with Kerdi.

Copper may last forever but it too will NOT hold water forever. I give 20 year warranty on my repipes. So far only a few duh moments and the leak was my fault. Or claimed it to be just to keep a customer.

Copper may last forever but it too will NOT hold water forever. I give 20 year warranty on my repipes. So far only a few duh moments and the leak was my fault. Or claimed it to be just to keep a customer.

Wow, I would love to give a 20 year warranty on our repipes, but my business degree says never in a million years.

when I run a rack of copper, then put a test on it. i walk along beneath the rack, and knock the hell out of it.

after I get thru beating it, and it is standing proud on 100 psi. I KNOW that piping will be their 20 years.

or the next government contract which ever comes first ;)

when I run a rack of copper, then put a test on it. i walk along beneath the rack, and knock the hell out of it.

after I get thru beating it, and it is standing proud on 100 psi. I KNOW that piping will be their 20 years.

or the next government contract which ever comes first ;)

I have no doubt my copper installations would last 20 years, but I would never offer a warranty for that long. It's just not a good business decision imo, too many variables.

You give a 20 year warranty , just to get you're foot in the door again and charge them

Exactly.
If your building a business and are willing to take that kind of risk, to add someone to your contact list, go for it. Realize your making a gamble, and writing a blank check.

It's a marketing line, and a damn good one until you flood a million dollar home.

It's actually THE model plan of most franchise plumbing companies. Once you find out that if you strap glue crimp and have proper 60-70 psi. It will last 20 years. I am only a one man plumbing show. Warranty is just honesty. If it's my fault I will fix it. Hypo, I repipe your house. 15 years down road you get a pin hole in a fitting.... I use fuel to drive to you since I usually in the area. Go cut pipe crimp new fitting. Come shake your hand and say my bad. Have a great day. 3 weeks later your water heater goes out. Who gonna call??

It's actually THE model plan of most franchise plumbing companies. Once you find out that if you strap glue crimp and have proper 60-70 psi. It will last 20 years. I am only a one man plumbing show. Warranty is just honesty. If it's my fault I will fix it. Hypo, I repipe your house. 15 years down road you get a pin hole in a fitting.... I use fuel to drive to you since I usually in the area. Go cut pipe crimp new fitting. Come shake your hand and say my bad. Have a great day. 3 weeks later your water heater goes out. Who gonna call??

PTL plumbing co. Praise The Lord,
one man shop, older fella
he received a call about a leak under a house, he showed up and fixed the leak, presented the owner with a bill.
the owner said he was not paying a damn thing.
the plumber said he had to, or he would call the law.
homeowner said, you fixed the same leak 15 year ago.
if you had done it right, it would not be leaking now.
i aint pay'n
plumber said, yes you will pay
homeowner shot the plumber dead. true story

Reactions: NTD
It's a warranty. Which means if it leaks we fix it. I don't guarantee anything. I am human and make mistakes.

PTL plumbing co. Praise The Lord,
one man shop, older fella
he received a call about a leak under a house, he showed up and fixed the leak, presented the owner with a bill.
the owner said he was not paying a damn thing.
the plumber said he had to, or he would call the law.
homeowner said, you fixed the same leak 15 year ago.
if you had done it right, it would not be leaking now.
i aint pay'n
plumber said, yes you will pay
homeowner shot the plumber dead. true story

Wow. No bill is worth getting shot over. I will eat the $5 parts bill before I argue

Back