Converting to Tapatalk

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I wanted everyone to know that by the end of the week we will be converting to Tapatalk. If you see any issues with the current mobile app please hold tight while we convert. Thanks, and I know this will be a positive change for the community, and the issues with the mobile app.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I wanted to clarify something. There will still be a PlumbingForums branded application, however instead of being a branded ForumRunner one, we will be using Tapatalk as the backend. There is no need to go and download Tapatalk, just update the PlumbingForums application you have now and it will work just fine.

I understand you like ForumRunner, but they stopped providing support so I had to find another option.

Chris

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I learned tapatalk so it is not too bad, only problem I had/Have is that I was never able to upload pics threw tapatalk, always said the website had it disabled. After the most recent update I couldn't use tapatalk at all for garage retreat as it would not bring up current threads.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'll make sure it's all working before to long here. We're still working on getting everything corrected.

phishfood

Professional
Professional
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
New phone, so I downloaded the app. Is this the tapatalk one, or no? It doesn't appear to be forumrunner.

phishfood

Professional
Professional
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It appears to operate and be exactly the same as what I have been used to using with my old phone.

phishfood

Professional
Professional
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The app wanted to update today, so I let it.

I hate this latest version.

I'm sorry, hate is too weak of a word.

I detest this latest version, with a passion.

It had something flashing at the bottom that looked like I had a PM. I clicked on it, and it took me to some site that said I had won a prize.

It had an ad that told me my Android was running too slow. I'm slow, but not so much so that I clicked on that one.

DON"T LET THE APP UPDATE!!

phishfood

Professional
Professional
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I could never post pictures using the desktop version on my phone or tablet.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Those will be turned off. This has been a difficult situation to be in, without going into to many details we have had issues with the former app provider.

phishfood

Professional
Professional
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks.

Please let me know when it gets straightened out. Until then I will be using the desktop version on my phone, which is obviously a pain.

phishfood

Professional
Professional
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It seems to be cleared up, have been using the app to check in during the day for awhile now without issues. Thanks.