converting one sink to two sinks (drain pipe)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maizegun

Reaction score
What is the best way to work around/with this scenario? Looks to be a vent on the right, and one of the two sinks I will need to install will be to the right of that, so I need to tie into the drain on the left, right?

Attachments

• drain.png
    drain.png
    4 MB · Views: 39
yes tie into the left or you can cap it and cut the one on the right and add a stee then lol nevermine ...lol just tie into the left
one

How high off the floor is that drain??? Does your new sink have deep bowls?

Currently the drain is 20.5" off the ground.

The new vanity's sink bowls are average it looks like (around 8" deep).

Attachments

• dimensions.png
    dimensions.png
    181.3 KB · Views: 11
I'm sorry, when I first read your post I thought you were putting in a new double kitchen sink. And also yes, you need to tie into the drain with the tee stubbed out on the left.

At this point, it is not known, for sure, if the pipe on the right is a vent. or if it is required to be used.
I think he better look closely at exactly how he plans on piping the 2 sink basins into the existing connection. Then have it commented on by the forum.

Thanks for all the responses so far, I appreciate the help!

So I took some more drywall off to see what I was dealing with, and the pipe on the right ties back into the one on the left a little bit above where the counter top would be.

Would it be best to jog this pipe on the right further to the right and bring it back to the one on the left higher, leaving room for the drain to run under it for the sink on the right?

Attachments

• IMG_0823.jpeg
    IMG_0823.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
just use drain on right pipe on left is a vent line for something else. come out whith a double y fitting so you can put a cleanout in middle and trap off both sinks. is this a basement. vent line on right could be for shower or toilet or floor drain.

just use drain on right pipe on left is a vent line for something else. come out whith a double y fitting so you can put a cleanout in middle and trap off both sinks. is this a basement. vent line on right could be for shower or toilet or floor drain.

it is a 2nd floor bathroom. it looks like the pipe on the right is actually a vent pipe for a downstairs bathroom that comes up and meets the pipe on the left which is a vent for this bathroom.

i found that i can easily re-route the pipe on the right to avoid being in the way for the drain pipes of the two sinks.

is a cleanout required in this setup?

Clean out is not required, but helpful if it plugs up and you don't want to tear it apart to snake out

Back