Connecting P-Trap to Drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caracal

Reaction score
Hello,

I had a p-trap that has cracked on the bottom that I removed. It was placed too low and was digging into the drywall, eventually causing the bottom middle part to crack.

I'm trying to replace it, but if I put it exactly same way it was it will be too low again.. I attached first picture of the way it used to be, and 2nd picture of how I'm thinking I could do it to avoid it being too low.

The second picture is not complete since I don't have two 90 degree elbows to finish connections.. but I'm wondering, is this a good way to do it?.. the p-trap ends up being vertical instead of horizontal.. it will still be like a giant p-trap but with way more elbows, and will be harder to unclog if ever needed.

Any ideas appreciated! The drain pipe is not loose at all so I cannot move it's level higher,.. unless maybe if I cut more into it and use a 45deg..

P8030206.jpg

P8030202.jpg

is that for a shower? anyways, cut and couple the pipe to make it the length you need.

Back