Connecting Home Propane Tank to Outdoor/Wok Burner

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasline

Reaction score
I thought this would be easy, but its presenting some challenges...

My house came with a home propane tank and a quick connect fitting on the deck, presumably for hooking up a grill.

I have a wok burner that i would like to plug into that fitting.

The Wok burner has what I believe to be a 1/8" MNPT fitting with a tiny hole in it that goes to a 10psi regulator, and then has a big plastic knob-like screw on connector for a propane tank. How do I adapt this to a quick connect system, and do I need the regulator?

I bought a hose that I thought would work, but the end that would screw into the Wok is too big and doesn't have a reducer on it (a piece of brass that reduces the ID to almost pinhole size).

Attachments

• IMG_0536.jpeg
    IMG_0536.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0538.jpeg
    IMG_0538.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0537.jpeg
    IMG_0537.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0561.jpeg
    IMG_0561.jpeg
    452.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0560.jpeg
    IMG_0560.jpeg
    490 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0559.jpeg
    IMG_0559.jpeg
    783.6 KB · Views: 10
If the regulator came with the wok, yes you need it. The piece in picture 3 would hook up to one of those small grill tanks. I am not sure how or if you could adapt that to the pipe coming though the deck.

If you can take that regulator off and adapt, then fine.
Or, purchase a regulator in 1/2" size and put it in below the quick disconnect.

I would first determine what pressure you have in the line leading to the quick disconnect, it could be 10 psi or only 10 inches WC. If you need 10 psi for the wok it won't work.

Latest posts

Back