Condensation on well water filter

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CleRob

Reaction score
I just recently installed the whole house well water filter and salt water softener, bought from a popular internet seller which you see advertised on this website. I really like the system, it makes my well water better than it's ever been. However, recently I noticed water on the plywood floor and after doing some looking it appears to be condensation on the water filter tank. I see it on the corrugated water lines that connect the units together. Is this common? I put a towel down and it seems to be fairly damp after 24 hours or so. When I rebuilt my well house (after recently having my 25 year old well pump replaced) with a new pressure tank, switch, sediment filter and the before mentioned whole house well water filter I added a second layer of plywood on the floor because my the wood underneath my old brine tank was rotting out. I don't want to worry about this new system rotting my floor. Is this a seasonal thing? I also have a foam jacket that came with the filter which seems to soak up some of the wetness but I still get wetness on the floor.

Anyway, anyone out there have experience in this or common sense advice? Thanks in advance.

The temperature of your well water is likely in the mid 50’s.

So if your weather is around 70 degrees, all the components that process or store your well water will be colder than the ambient temperature.

So moisture in the air will condense on these cold surfaces.

You could install a pressure treated plywood floor instead, which is rot resistant.

Thanks Jeff. I could also put drain pans under the filter to catch the water I suppose. I think I'll just let it go for now. I live in western Washington state and our summer isn't as long as others. And The old floor was not bad except in one sport then I added another layer of 5/8 CDX on top of the whole thing.

Latest posts

Back