Compression joint inside wall.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolderPhil.

Reaction score
Lavatory sink supply valve broke and is half recessed in wall to a braised fitting. 1978 construction :/ Both valves need to be replaced. Want to use compression elbow to run valve connection out of wall. Can I put compression fitting in a wall? DIY, so can do it without permit, but knowing it is code would give me a warm feeling.

Sharkbite fittings are allowed in the wall, but you got to know and be confident using.
Mechanical fittings of other types are NOT allowed to be covered up in walls and are prone to failure.
Unless you have experience, I would recommend hiring someone with experience. A licensed plumber is always best.

Post pictures.
Of both valves.

You can usually leave the old valve body intact,
and just change out the stem and handle, which you get from another valve of the same exact brand and type.

So much faster and easier.

Around here, because Chloramine is the disinfectant in public water supply, any black rubber wasjer angle stops will go bad and break down. This tends to throw off black particles that clog faucets.
So quarter turn angle stops are highly desirable. But a good idea as a stopgap, Jeff H.!

Back