Community water issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xinerama

Reaction score
Hello,

My condominium complex has community water. Eight buildings, with four family units each, have one central boiler. I've had several shut off valves installed by our comically megalomaniacal plumber and will probably have to do business with him once more, but that's for another day.
The issue is, my family and I would like better regulated pressure and temperature.
The pressure of the hot water coming in, is 77 psi. the cold, 55 psi.
The temperature of the hot water is close to 135 degrees farenheit and the cold about 60 (would be nice if it were colder).
I think the best way to solve our issue would be with a chiller. Is there such a device that also regulates water pressure?
I've also explored anti-scalding pipe tee-like devices, but we don't want to compromise the pressure. Which even by itself isn't that great.
Is there some device that I can insert between the hot and cold inlets that will allow for better control over our pressure and temperature.
Thanks in advance!

It is not clear. Do you just want this on your own unit?
There are "tempering" valved devices that can be set to mix the hot delivered water to whatever you set with the knob. Thermometer can be added to allow observation while adjusting in the basement.
Is there a reasonable stand up mechanical space available under your unit with possibility for new electircal loads and lines?
Of course there are chillers, and of course there are pressure controlled pump systems. Adds electrical load and circuitry would need to be available. It will cost a bundle.
I would venture to say that you will not ever find a plumbing engineer to design, nor a contractor to install because it is a condo association.

Yes, I own the unit and I think I'm going to go for one of those temperature mixing valves as you've mentioned.

Thank you!

That's great. I saw a couple and aesthetically, and that one looks the best.
My plumber uses a propress tool. I was thinking of renting one to install new lines myself since I don't really care for his personality, lack of professionalism, and would like to have more flexibility/control over the layout.
I'll definitely pick that up. Thanks

Latest posts

Back