Combination sump pumps

Discussion in 'Pumps and Wells' started by Rmany31, Feb 4, 2013.

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating using the link above.
  1. Feb 4, 2013 #1

Rmany31

Rmany31

Rmany31

Hello,I need advice concerning the best combination sump pump system for a home.The pit is 18"x28" and the original Hydromatic sump pump failed,and I want to insure that does not happen again.I want to put in a combo unit 2 pumps and a battery backup.I have read all over net last couple of days,what Ive seen is the BW4000 system by Glentronics.Another brand is Wayne.Anyone who knows about this I would appreciate hearing from.Thank you for your advise!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  2. Feb 7, 2013 #2

IFIXH20

IFIXH20

IFIXH20

HERE TO HELP Professional

If you install two pumps and a battery backup run two discharge lines, one for single pump & one for pump and battery backup. make sure you install check valves in the proper place.

3. Feb 13, 2013 #3

Rmany31

Rmany31

Rmany31

Hello,I bought a Zoeller 507-0008 which is the m53 primary and the 12v backup all switchs plumbed from the primary up past backup.The primary has a hole in connector beneath primary check valve and a vent hole on pump itself.They say another vent hole 3/16" or larger is recommended but not actually required.I have seen videos on youtube for installation,they dont mention at all drilling a second vent hole.Should I drill another above backup pump and install another check valve there, it would also be under pit cover.Thank you!

4. Feb 14, 2013 #4

IFIXH20

IFIXH20

IFIXH20

HERE TO HELP Professional

see your other post