Coca Cola

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LooseShoe

Reaction score
I heard that Coca Cola would help to clean some stains in my toilet bowl. Has anybody else heard of this? I am wondering if the acidity of Coke would be harmful to the porcelain in the toilet bowl..

About the only thing that will damage glazed porcelain is undue scrubbing with an abrasive over a long period of time, OR products containing hydrofluoric acid or ammonium biflouride.

You will NOT find those two chemicals available for home use, as they are extremely dangerous. I used them in a car wash for wall cleaning, and they are also sometimes used in products called aluminum brightener or sometimes, a wheel cleaner for cars. How dangerous are they? They will go through the skin without you feeling it, and start to eat your bones. No &^%. That's why when mixed for commercial use they often contain sulfuric and or hydrochloric acids--so you can feel the burn on your skin, and if you are smart enough, do something about it before real damage occurs. ! Fun, eh?

Want the truth on the "acid" in Coke? Do the Acids in Coca-Cola Make It Harmful to Drink?

Now, if you want to clean the stains in your toilet? Use toilet bowl cleaner. There are a million of those products out there. Are your stains rust based? Use "Iron-Out" or something similar.

About the only thing that will damage glazed porcelain is undue scrubbing with an abrasive over a long period of time, OR products containing hydrofluoric acid or ammonium biflouride.

You will NOT find those two chemicals available for home use, as they are extremely dangerous. I used them in a car wash for wall cleaning, and they are also sometimes used in products called aluminum brightener or sometimes, a wheel cleaner for cars. How dangerous are they? They will go through the skin without you feeling it, and start to eat your bones. No &^%. That's why when mixed for commercial use they often contain sulfuric and or hydrochloric acids--so you can feel the burn on your skin, and if you are smart enough, do something about it before real damage occurs. ! Fun, eh?

Want the truth on the "acid" in Coke? Do the Acids in Coca-Cola Make It Harmful to Drink?

Now, if you want to clean the stains in your toilet? Use toilet bowl cleaner. There are a million of those products out there. Are your stains rust based? Use "Iron-Out" or something similar.
How about vinegar????????

I just poured baking soda and vinegar down the drain pipe behind my washer. No more bad smells. I need to do this more often!

On my own office toilet where pee sits for extended periods (California drought= avoid frequent flushing) and result is hard white minerals building up adhering. I use muriatic acid after removing all the water. And with a little help from Pumice Stone gets very clean.

Latest posts

Back