Closet Flange Installed Correctly?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1]]The closet has not been installed incorrectly
2] sloppy glue job
3] clean the junk off the nut and unscrew the nut

what am I trying to convey?
loosen the nut and remove the bolt.
from the flange that is not installed incorrectly
So I guess you're implying that if the flange has only two long slots that it must follow that it has two of the small slots on the edge. If that's correct, than I can understand why you know that there are small slots on the edge.

EDIT: In your response to 1] above, I assume you meant "installed correctly".

Last edited:
So I guess you're implying that if the flange has only two long slots that it must follow that it has two of the small slots on the edge. If that's correct, than I can understand why you know that there are small slots on the edge.

EDIT: In your response to 1] above, I assume you meant "installed correctly".

I am not implying anything. I am stating straight out that flange has to long slots and to round slots
45 years experience says i am correct

I am not implying anything. I am stating straight out that flange has to long slots and to round slots
45 years experience says i am correct
I had to use the word "implying" since you did not state it straight out!!!
Must just be the difference in accents.:PullingHair:;)

Last edited:
Is hasn't been established that the flange the OP has, does in fact have the small slots on the edge.

It really doesn't matter what that flange we are looking at has, since the toilet has already been replaced. It the one we haven't seen yet. So all this speculation is just a good way to pass time. :)

I will pass the time with you as long as you stay 6' away. if you get get closer than 5'11 7/8'' I will spray you with clorox and water

I don't think the OP was trolling. I think he was just uncertain & was afraid to make a mistake. I'm fairly certain the flange was the one Frodo said it should be-- the one with the side slots (which is what it looked like to me). Too bad it seems the OP isn't going to come back to update. I wanted to know how things turned out.

I don't think the OP was trolling. I think he was just uncertain & was afraid to make a mistake. I'm fairly certain the flange was the one Frodo said it should be-- the one with the side slots (which is what it looked like to me). Too bad it seems the OP isn't going to come back to update. I wanted to know how things turned out.
He'll be back.

No such thing as can't remove those bolts. Hacksaw will cut those brass bolts in a couple of heartbeats.

The OP loves to argue about conditions, proceedures, black, white, purple. Appears to hate *doing* something.

Each to his own...shrug

No such thing as can't remove those bolts. Hacksaw will cut those brass bolts in a couple of heartbeats.

The OP loves to argue about conditions, proceedures, black, white, purple. Appears to hate *doing* something.

Each to his own...shrug

MY thoughts exactly.
Some folks are just bored because of the stay at home deal going on and have nothing else to do
I mean...I have cleaned the damn living room so many times you could perform surgery in there and not worry about infection
The bathroom smells like a lysol bottle. LOL You can eat off the terlet seat.
My Drill Sergeant would be PROUD

Back