Clogged toilet - need help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmicahdowns

Reaction score
I'm an amateur at best. My child flushed a toy down the toilet. For a month, the toilet has worked however it flushes slowly. Then, the toilet didn't flush and overflowed. Might this be an easy fix/diagnosis?

Thank you for any help!

You will need to pull the toilet and inspect it from the underside. Make sure to purchase a new wax ring for when you reinstall it.

Thank you both for your replies!
My wife just told me it was one of the plastic toilet fresheners. About the size of the white plastic ant baits. (1 cm talk, 2 square inches)

Is uninstialling and reinstalling the toilet a dummy proof job? Andninstalling the wax ring?

Not knowing your mechanical skills, that is a hard question to answer. I will tell you that if you attempt to cinch down the porcelain tabs at the base of the toilet too much, you will crack it and render it useless. If you have doubts, a local plumber could have that job done in 15 minutes.

Last month we had a similar situation. My son dropped his toy in our toilet and it got clogged. We tried to unclog it using a plunger, but as the toy was big, we were not able to unclog it. Then we were worried that the water may overflow. So we called toilet plumbing service Toronto and they unclogged the toilet. Try to unclog it, and if you are not able to unclog, then contact your nearby plumbing service.

Back