Clogged Kitchen Sink Line

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been disassembling and assembling the undersink plumbing quite a bit to snake the drain, so that picture was not completely put together. But thank you for pointing that out!

I'll take some measurements tonight to get the pitch, but yes I guarantee the pitch is not sufficient. It's only a 1-1/2" pipe.

Jeff, I did try the Instant Power last night (only used the 1 Liter bottle) directions said 1-2 cups for a clogged drain. Clearly was not enough. Still backing up.
I snaked the drain first, flushed with some hot tap water, let drain a bit, poured about a cup of the instant power, flushed 4-5 cups of hot tap water, waited 20 mins, flushed with hot water (backed up again), then poured the rest of the bottle, flushed with hot tap water (maybe another 4-5 cups), waited 1+ hr, tried running water again and still backed up.

I should have just grabbed the 67.6 oz bottle in the first place. I'm thinking of going back and trying again with more. I was hesitant thinking there would be more volatility with cleaner. I didn't see anything come back up.

It definitely feels like a grease clog. I hit resistance with the snake, pushed through, then when I back out and dry to redrill, it slowly starts filling in and I feel more and more resistance.

FWIW... Tried cutting some PVC drain line with table saw, and then my circular saw. Worked great, and left no lip or burr on inside or outside of the pipe.

Back