Clogged Baffle???

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chell

Reaction score
We are having issues of water occasionally coming up through the septic lid when we use a lot of water between kids bathing and laundry. My husband wants to replace the leach system, but I wonder if the problem could just be a clogged baffle which would save thousands of dollars (I would rather spend that on remodels).
We purchased a home about two years ago that is on a septic system. A few months ago our kids drained two tubs at the same time and water came up the laundry room floor drain and we had some gurgling in the drains. I called the plumber in the morning who suggested we have the septic pumped 1st because he knew it was due and if that didn't fix the problem he would come snake the drain, which he ended up doing. During the process of finding the septic tank, there was a 45 degree angle we didn't expect so it took some digging, my husband hit the outlet line about a foot or two out from the tank where it split for the leach lines to go in either direction and broke it. The septic tank hadn't yet been pumped and only a little water came out the tank side. there was no standing water in the leach lines and the part that we could see appeared to be in good condition free of clogs. My son and I repaired the outlet pipe and connection to the perforated leach line, we pumped the tank, and didn't give it much thought until we started having problems again. Could it be the baffle or do we really need to have the leach lines replaced? There has never been any sogginess over the leach field just were it comes up from the lid and runs down.

Latest posts

Back