clog question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard

Reaction score
I have a 3rd floor unit in an apartment building. My kitchen sink drain was running slow. The plumber ran a 13/32” cable 40 feet through my kitchen line to clear blockage. Two weeks later the two apartments below mine (both vacant at the time) were discovered with damages: the 2nd floor unit (which is the one below mine) had water coming out of their kitchen sink and spilling on the kitchen floor, while the 1st floor unit had a caved-in ceiling. What is the possible explanation for this scenario? Am I right in assuming the clog must have been below the 2nd floor unit level?

When you remove a plug in a vertical pipe the plug ( grease) may drop free however on its way down it will force it's way into the waste arms and branches and from there the force will cause the funk and water come out of the pipe and trap and into the floor

WE have a saying RUN PLENTY OF CABLE.

Some drain cleaning companies will not clean an upper floor unit unless they have access to the units below just for that very reason.

I was cleaning ( here we go! another story ) a kitchen line in a multi-story office building. I was informed that black GOO was flowing out of a drinking fountain below in the main lobby. :eek:

Hope you find your plumber. He could be held liable. He's the hired professional and hope he was insured.

Its looks like clog is below the 2nd floor unit level. You need a plumber to check all the lines to find the clog.

Latest posts

Back