Clearing out drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xpressauto

Reaction score
At my work I have some pipes that have oil sludge and leaves in them. What kind of tool do I need to clean these out? Basically all I want to do is push the leaves and sludge out of the other end. The pipes are approximately 2-3 inches in diameter.

Thanks for your help.

-Baltimore Woman Injured By Exploding Toilet-

1457730443049.jpg

Pressure Jetter is a useful technique, but I think it’s not safe to do it yourself. Try using simple home techniques to flush out drain by adding baking soda, caustic soda and hot water to drain. If any of it didn’t work out, then call a professional plumber for proper drain cleaning services.

Do not listen to this thing.

Your situation requires a professional with a hydro-jetter.

You could jet and pay a lot of money or you can put baking soda and vinegar down the drain wait half an hour and let the hot water run for 5 minutes. It's a kitchen line so jetting gets it out but it will come back quickly.

I'm not saying jetting is useless I'm just saying why not try something a lot cheaper first that will help rather then going straight to jetting. Nobody even asked the important question which is "Is it cast or abs pipe?"

A la Foghorn Leghorn: Ya got it all wrong, boy, ya got it all wrong!
Forget about home remedies. This is an auto service drain with " oil sludge and leaves" in the pipes. A professional service with a vacuum truck and jetter are needed to properly remove and dispose of the waste. There should also be an oil separator as part of the system and if not, well, one should be installed. The DEP, EPA and all environmental entities frown upon petroleum wastes going into the treatment plants. I've cleaned a few mechanics garage drains and believe me, it takes a lot of work and proper protective equipment must be used as well as removal/disposal gear.

I agree with others, it should be handled to professionals. Do not try home remedies, it can damage the pipes.

These are some small questions every household has to deal with when their sewer goes under inspection and cleaning.

when your dealing with oils an gas that's considered hazardous
waste you can't jet or snake into the sewer usually a jet/
vactor truck will do something like that they have the lic.
to dispose of that material

Latest posts

Back