clean out

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamas

Reaction score
Hi again,
The City correction say that,
"a clean-out required at end of 3" bldg drain run more than 5 feet from main"

what does it mean ????,

where in code book ???

That your 3” drain clean out can’t be closer than 5’ from city main sewer. Which code? We have found that we debate over which code your state goes by. Just say what state your in. And that plumber will know

That your 3” drain clean out can’t be closer than 5’ from city main sewer. Which code? We have found that we debate over which code your state goes by. Just say what state your in. And that plumber will know
i am in California

Hi again,
The City correction say that,
"a clean-out required at end of 3" bldg drain run more than 5 feet from main"

what does it mean ????,

where in code book ???
Is that a quote from a letter or is it suppose to be quoting a code item? It doesn't make sense by itself.
What main are they talking about?
Don't think they would be talking about the location of a cleanout relative to a water main.
And why specifically a 3" building drain.
I'd take a guess that they may be referring to a cleanout is required on the drain leaving the building, because it exceeds 5 feet to the exterior main drain line.

It really needs more specific clarification as far I am concerned. Don't think it's referring to water main.

Is that a quote from a letter or is it suppose to be quoting a code item? It doesn't make sense by itself.
What main are they talking about?
Don't think they would be talking about the location of a cleanout relative to a water main.
And why specifically a 3" building drain.
I'd take a guess that they may be referring to a cleanout is required on the drain leaving the building, because it exceeds 5 feet to the exterior main drain line.

It really needs more specific clarification as far I am concerned. Don't think it's referring to water main.
YES, THAT IS WHAT I THOUGHT ON THE PLAN CHECKER'S QUOTE
BLDG DRAIN CLEAN-OUT NOT CLOSER THAN 5 FT FROM CITY SEWER LINE

Latest posts

Back