Clawfoot tub supply connection impass

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlumbVT

Reaction score
I'm trying to set-up a clawfoot tub supply on a bathroom reno. The water supply coming out of the concrete floor is 1/2" compression thread (male). The previous tub was 1/2" compression from the floor to 1/2" compression on the faucet with no shut offs. I want to install shutoffs on both the cold and hot lines, however, the nipple to the shutoff is 1/2" MIP. I'm having no luck locally finding a fitting that is 1/2" compression female on one end (to thread onto the floor supply) and 1/2" FIP on the other end (for my supply nipple to thread into before connecting the shut-off). Anyone know an online source for such a fitting?

1/2" compression. Not a vey common size. Sometimes wrongly called out.
The tubing would be 1/2" OD and not confused with 5/8 tube which is often referred to as 1/2" copper pipe.
once in a while and I mean maybe the last time I ran into it was about 3-4 years ago. old dishwasher had 1/2 OD copper tube for water supply.
I had to replace the stop but there was no money for replacing the supply to dishwasher with 3/8 so I had to dig deep in my junk fitting box for a reducer coupling.

Compression fitting don't come female. They are designed to be use with tubing inserted into the fitting with a compression ferrul and companion nut.
try here
https://www.plumbingsupply.com/compression-fittings.html#female

you'll need a short piece of tubing

Back