Clawfoot Tub "No Water" mystery

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthingtonwarren

Reaction score
I have a Sunrise Specialty chromed 3-handle faucet that is (in the style of a clawfooot tub) on our air-tub. There is a diverter handle and a hot and cold water handle. There are spout and handheld shower outlets, controlled by a handle (which controls the diverter.) Suddenly, no water is coming out of the handheld shower or faucet, no matter where the diverter handle is moved, even with both the Hot and Cold valves in the open position. So, to eliminate the diverter as the problem, I opened up the faucet, removed the cartridge (which didn't appear broken or corroded) from within the housing, and reconnected everything. I thought that the water would come out of both the handheld and the spout, but no water is flowing from either outlet, even though I opened (and closed and then opened again) the hot and cold water controls. It seems implausible that both the hot and cold water controls, which had always worked before, had broken simultaneously. I believe that I have opened all the valves in the basebment, although I could be wrong.

I would be greatful for any guidance, including any that accuse me of ignorance (because, in this case, I am sort of guilty).

Thank you.

Take the hot snd cold valves out and see if you have water there. If so, then you have an obstruction between the diverter and where the hot and cold mix together in the valve body.

Make sure the waters off before you remove the hot and cold cartridges.

Back