Chrome Trap arm to ABS Trap?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckG

Reaction score
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to connect the chrome trap arm from a previous wall hung lavatory to an ABS trap that will be in the new cabinet lavatory. The trap arm currently goes into the wall and I would rather not tear out my sheet rock to change it out, but if I have to I will. I have done a bit of googling and tried to find a 1 1/4" chrome to ABS union but have been met with no success.

Thanks in Advance

ChuckG

Does your chrome P trap have a female flange you are tieing into you drain downspout? If so, I've seen them at big box stores in the white PVC. If I am not on the right track, if possible, post up a picture so we can help solve your problem. By the way, I hate tearing into drywall myself!

I'm not familar with Canadain plumbing techniques but I'll give it a Go.
Most Tubular trap arms are 1 1/2" They are often soldered into a 1 1/2" copper pipe. That pipe has a brass thread ring soldered onto it and is screwed into a threaded cast iron santee it the wall Or soldered into a DWV copper santee. Sometimes the original install spent a little more and installed a compression Dysanco fitting, but if you had that you wouldn't be asking this question.
If you trim just enough dry to see how it's connected in the wall some times the threaded hub is right there close.
I cut the pipe and ring out with a sawzall. Then I re tap the threads with I
1 1/2" pipe tape. them you can screw in a brand new abs adapter.

Latest posts

Back