Check my toilet tank setup

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1/2 Flush

Reaction score
Just moved into a new house, and I am not familiar with toilet setups. This is the inside of my tank. I can only get 1 full, powerful flush every 1-2 hours. Am I missing parts? Not familiar with tanks without a float. Tank eventually fills up, but it takes a while. Water pressure in the rest of the house is fine. Thanks for the help.

Sounds like the little black tube coming from fill valve on left to the overflow in center. Not the tube itself , but it directs water into bowl after you flush to get the water level in bowl ready. Replace that fill valve with a fluid master and secure the tube into overflow. you Can test this by simply filling tank with bucket and then slowly add water to bowl. Till it’s just not filling any more. Then flush. If normal , go back to top. If still no flush then check the jet flush hole. Smaller hole in bottom of bowl. Sometimes hard water stops these up and the bowl can’t thrust into a flush. Good luck

is the pressure fine in that bath except for the toilet????...if so start with checking the valve that feeds the toilet is it open all the way?????you could also disconnect that
water supply use a new supply....point it into a bucket and check the flow...then if everything checks out change te ballcock assembly (its that gray plastic piece on lhe left of your toilet

Sounds like the little black tube coming from fill valve on left to the overflow in center. Not the tube itself , but it directs water into bowl after you flush to get the water level in bowl ready. Replace that fill valve with a fluid master and secure the tube into overflow. you Can test this by simply filling tank with bucket and then slowly add water to bowl. Till it’s just not filling any more. Then flush. If normal , go back to top. If still no flush then check the jet flush hole. Smaller hole in bottom of bowl. Sometimes hard water stops these up and the bowl can’t thrust into a flush. Good luck
sorry james I started typing before I fully read your post

No problem. Some of these homeowners are looking for more than 1 opinoin. I do the same thing. 50 plumbers will give you 400 different ways to handle an issue. Be nice if they came back and mentioned it being fixed or more opinions not fixed.

No problem. Some of these homeowners are looking for more than 1 opinoin. I do the same thing. 50 plumbers will give you 400 different ways to handle an issue. Be nice if they came back and mentioned it being fixed or more opinions not fixed.
I agree there is more than one way sometimes to diagnosis a problem and I would be great to know it the homeowners let us know what worked...

Back