Changing Shark Bites to PEX

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ndx

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I had plumber come in and change some of the temporary shark bites fitting changed to copper crimps ( No issues with shark bites but before drywall I just wanted make sure that I will never have to look back at it lol.

So the plumber used some weird copper rings ( res of the house are just plain black no plastic )

Are those plastic red rings ok to use ?

And when he removed the Shark Bites he didn't cut pipe just inserted fitting .. is this ok ? or should he cut pipe back a little ? ( I'm worried that it might leak since shark bite was there before )

And last question ... he used IWISS PEX crimper ... is this reputable tool that will make good connection.

Previous plumber had an electric Rigid tool that seemed way cooler lol !

I know that I'm over thinking this but I'm little paranoid !

( This was Insured, Certified Plumber not some random guy )

61pBs4N3ZPL._SL1001_.jpg

670750270406.jpg

I have a similar crimper....that's a copper ring....im guessing that plastic is a guide so you cant putthe ring too close to the fitting or it prevents it from sliding around....there are a few ways to crimp...everyone has their prefrences if your concernrd about that ring google it..
my rings are just copper rings

I have a similar crimper....that's a copper ring....im guessing that plastic is a guide so you cant putthe ring too close to the fitting or it prevents it from sliding around....there are a few ways to crimp...everyone has their prefrences if your concernrd about that ring google it..you can google that lot #on the plastic all the bags of fittings have #on them....pretty sure crimp rings do to zurn had some issues with their fittings years ago
my rings are just copper rings

Back